I’d like to share with you an Ayurvedic Recipe that my Ayurvedic friend provided to me. Here is the recipe. I love this hot drink. It warms me up and makes me feel centered.
An Ayurvedic Recipe – Turmeric Tea – A hot beverage for anti-inflammation and more…
- Add in a cup of water to a small pot
- Add in ¼ teaspoon of Organic, non-led Turmeric powder
- Add in a pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Add in a tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice with pulp
- Let it come to a boil
- Turn down the fire to simmer on low heat
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes, set a timer
- Turn off burner
- Add in a Tablespoon of honey, mixing it into the liquid until dissolved.
- Pour into a nice cup and Enjoy!
According to healthline.com, Turmeric is curcumin which magically seems to have properties that help control inflammation in the body. Turmeric does this by reducing your pain receptors and thinning the blood. Here are five things that Turmeric can do:
- Turmeric can reduce ulcers
- Turmeric has antioxidant powers that can reduce Alzheimer’s disease
- Turmeric is an anticarcinogen which helps to stall the growth of cancer cells
- Turmeric can reduce cholesterol
- Turmeric is immune boosting
In summary, I drink this when I want something sweet, when I want something warm and when I am in pain and need some comfort. I share this with you now, passing along the benefits of Turmeric and the holy magic of this herb.
I truly hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below.
May the blessings of Turmeric tea benefit you in all these beautiful ways.